I asked her what she thought the effect of the Glee Club was in the village.
Her response was that she is fully supportive of the activity, and see the benefits to the participants as follows:
- Enjoyment is evident
- Companionship is apparent
- Health benefits (breathing, posture, brain function)
- A structured activity that they look forward to
- Cognitive skills are enhanced, through learning music (and the right-left brain effect of engaging actively in music making)
- The Hilda Ross Glee Club has a good profile in the wider Hamilton Community, which reflects well on the village
- The residents always greatly enjoy the Glee Club concerts.